It's nearly new year in the shires with more music and tales than you can wag a stick at with Ragamuffin's Brian and Mike.
- No One Will Ever Know - Billy and Harry
from Back to Basics - Billy and Harry
- Hornpipes: McDermotte & Kirkbridy - Jimmy and Kevin
- Often I Think About Doolin - Jimmy and Kevin
Live at McGanns, County Clare, from Brian and Sue's visit for New Year 2007
- Stars Over Cloughhanover - Saw Doctors
the boys from Tuam from their latest album the Cure.
- Poppy Day - Steve Knightley
Steve Knightley's first solo album for seven years and its a cracker with this social commentary on the drugs trade across the shires and the men from Salisbury Plain risking their lives in the 'Flander's fields' of Afghanistan.
- Right Side Of The Footplate - Live Steam
- Alice White -
Live Steam (Liz Moore vocal)
a trip to Yorkshire with Ragamuffin Brain aboard the Furness Railway Trust album Down The Pan But Still Steaming by Live Steam, a group of musical railway volunteers. Alice White written by Lancashire songwriter Alan Bell. All proceeds from the album to the Furness Railway Trust.
- 16th Avenue - Lacy J. Dalton
The title track from Lacy J. Dalton's classic seventies album. Check out her website for more great material.
- Live from the Ponderosa - Jeanene Van Zandt
- Our Mother The Mountain - Townes Van Zandt
Both Townes Van Zandt and Hank Williams died on January 1st, Townes in 1997. Our Mother The Mountain is preceded with a recording made by Mike of his visit to the Ponderosa with Cousin Dick to meet Jeanene Van Zandt and her mother Mary Liz.
- Farewell To Music - Caroline Lavelle
- Lady Of Shallot - Loreena McKennett
Two tracks connected by cello. First Caroline Lavelle from her album A Distant Bell performing a Turlough O'Carolan tune followed by Loreena McKennett's beautiful rendition of Tennyson's epic poem The Lady of Shallot. Vic saw Caroline Lavelle play cello for Loreena McKennett in London and discovered she was a solo artist in her own right.
- Bottle of Wine - Tom Paxton
- Put Her To Rest - Minton Sparks
- The Honour Of Your Company - Tom Paxton
Brian plays two Tom Paxton songs from his beautiful album Wearing The Time sandwiched between the evocative poetry of Minton Sparks aided in this poem by the voice of Maura O'Connell.
- Plays out with No One Will Ever Know - Billy and Harry
from Back to Basics - Billy and Harry from Bellbuckle, Tennessee.
Time to put some wood in the stove, the coffee pot on the boil, butter the toast and play some music for a Sunday morning.
A Ragamuffin Media Production